Saturday, October 29, 2011

"I'm so close to being so far away from You"

Bethany Dillon wrote those lyrics, from her song "So Close". I was listening to those words on my drive back home tonight, and it made me think. Those words are SO applicable to our walk with Jesus Christ. Each day we are drawing closer and closer to Him, yet there is still infinitely more to know. More than we could ever comprehend. But it's so intriguing to me! The path to righteousness is narrow, and I think its so cool that each day we can grow a little bit closer to the Creator of the World, knowing just a little bit more than we did before. Yet, there is always something new to discover about our God. He isn't some finite, comprehensible entity that we can describe in a number of words- He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! I can't wait til I'm in heaven and worshiping Him. It will be so awesome to stand directly in his Glory.

And so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment